Thursday, November 1, 2007

NaBloPoMo

I began last year looking for some kind of forum or discussion board for women. My husband has joined several guitar forums and discussion boards and has met many people both here and internationally. They discuss guitars, amps, music, and life in general. He buys, sells, and trades pedals, guitars, and amps. He enjoys this pasttime very much. So I thought one day I would look around to see what was available to my interests such as sewing, music, and cooking. I could not find any discussion groups or forums! I did not know a thing about blogging. I had heard the word "blog" but didn't know what it meant. I tried out a myspace page but it was not what I wanted so I deleted it. My kids did not think it was cool for their mom to have a myspace and it wasn't any fun for me either. The only part I liked was the ability to post pictures and to write a blog. That was last year. In August this year, I read an article in the newspaper about "Confessions of a Pioneer Woman". I went to the computer and looked her up and began to read. It was so interesting. I read every day and caught myself up. I really was enjoying this. I began to notice the comments of some people were highlighted and if you clicked on their name, you could go to their blog. I was amazed at how fun this was getting to be. I read several people's blogs and began to think "why don't I do this" or rather "how do I do this?" So I asked Janet "How do you do this?" She very nicely gave me some help and I started a blog on blogspot immediately. I am still learning some new things and I expect eventually I will get some help to modify my blog and make it more "me" but this is how I began blogging. I am finding it a wonderful outlet for expression. Posting pictures and writing my feelings and interests down is liberating. I am so glad I found blogging. I hope to continue many years.

6 comments:

the planet of janet said...

ok, i'm not the janet who led you to blogging, but i'm glad you are here.

and nablopomo? here we come!

Junebug said...

Thanks, Janet from the planet. I love your site.

Anonymous said...

I'm stopping by all my NaBloPoMo friends today to say hi. Great post to begin the month off. I have fallen in love with Ree myself and never miss a post of hers.

Sandy said...

How funny that we got here the same way, only I didn't have Janet. Started reading MamaDrama 'cause I used to read the Houston Chron every day and from their comment section got the Pioneer Woman. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Kila said...

I, too, started blogging thanks to Ree.

I've often used the parenting message boards at ivillage.com and I'm pretty sure they have message boards about cooking and sewing, etc. too. You might enjoy them. ivillage has many hundreds, maybe thousands, of boards.

Junebug said...

Kila: Now that I have found blogging, I am happy with just it. My gosh, you can spend way too much time just doing this. It's addictive!