Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update on Dallas

Dallas is still on oxygen at about 35% now and doing better.  He is still being sedated to keep him from pulling out tubes but he responds when someone comes into the room and tries to roll over and get up.  They of course don't want him to do this.  They will still be watching his brain activity and for swelling for the next three to five days but the scans are good.  He did have a bowel movement which is a good sign that organs are functioning properly and they could start him on pediasure (or whatever it's called) in an IV drip.  He had a slight fever so they started him on some powerful antibiotics and his cultures from his lungs have just been growing yeast which is good because the pool water was old from not being open.  They want his lung valve to stay open so it can dry so some drug helps with this.  Just pray that he doesn't get pneumonia and gets off the oxygen soon so he can move more.  He has some edema from the drugs that regulate his blood pressure so hopefully they will be able to decrease this soon.  All in all he is doing miraculously well and we thank you for your continued prayers.  Also pray for all the doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, and technicians that work with him.  

17 comments:

Joy T. said...

I'm continuing to pray for Dallas and for all of you. Sounds like he is doing well, yea Dallas!! Keep it up little man!

Anna said...

What a strong little boy. I'm glad he is doing better, under the terrible circumstances.
It sounds like he is in good hands though, which is great.
I'll be checking back regularly to see if he has improved. May you all keep up the strength to deal with this and may he recover fully very soon!

karisma said...

Keep smiling, hes doing great!

Sandy said...

Thank you so much for this update. What wonderful news! and of course, we'll keep praying.

Attie said...

You have my thoughts and prayers!!

Melissa said...

I will be praying for Dallas and your family. Thanks for the comforting comment in regards to my grandma. I pray that Dallas will be healed.

Sauntering Soul said...

Oh goodness. I am so sorry and will definitely send prayers and warm vibes to Dallas.

Anonymous said...

So glad to know he is doing a little better - but wishing he was completely out of the woods. I will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this...I read your comment in one of the blogger's post...so I cam over. My prayers are with Dallas...I really hope he gets better soon.

the planet of janet said...

hugs and prayers, hon.

xo

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Praying for sweet Dallas, his family and the staff providing care to him.

Anonymous said...

That sounds good, Junebug ... will continue to pray!

Sayre said...

I showed up for Fun Monday and found a definitely NOT Fun Monday. I'm so sorry about Dallas - I have added him to my prayers. It does sound like he's going to come through it okay, though. He's obviously in very good hands.

Pamela said...

Thank God for doctors, nurses, anesthesiologist, and technicians.

May they each be blessed as they use their healing hands on this precious little fellow.

Junebug said...

I haven't heard any more today except that they had to give him a blood transfusion this morning. I don't know why exactly. Something to do with his fever.

Lisa said...

We will continue to pray for him and all of the family and care providers.

Sharon said...

I was so sorry to hear about Dallas
I will put him on my prayer list
I truly hope that you will get good news later today.
Prayers for your whole family.
God will be with you through this just keep calling on him.