Here's my new top. We went out
to eat with our two daughters at
PF Chang's. Of course, I had to
have the Citrus Soy Salmon again.
I have found the recipe for it now.
FOOD & WINE
Restaurant-quality food right in your own home
Friday, June 20, 2008 | 9:01 PM
Instead of going out to dinner this weekend, why not cook an amazing dish at home and impress your friends and family! The executive chef at P.F. Chang's, Gregg Piazzi, share his recipe for citrus salmon.
Chang's Citrus Soy Wild Alaskan Salmon
8 oz. piece of skinless Salmon Filet
½ tsp of Salt
½ tsp Cornstarch
1 ½ tsp Water
1 tsp Ginger (Finely Minced)
3 fl. Oz Soy Sauce
1.5 fl. Oz Mirin
1 ½ tsp Orange Juice
1 tbs plus 1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tbs Unsalted Butter
5 oz. of cooked Brown Rice (Follow directions on package)
1 ½ tsp of Lemon Olive Oil
Story continues below
Citrus sauce for Salmon
1. Season the Salmon Filet with the Salt (set aside)
2. In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and water (set aside)
3. In a warm saucepot (low flame) add Ginger & cook for 10 sec.
4. Add Soy Sauce, Mirin and Cornstarch mixture and mix well
5. Bring to a boil and then turn off heat (Do Not Over Boil)
Over Boiling may cause the sauce to turn out to Salty!
6. Let the sauce cool to 40° F
7. When sauce is cooled, add Orange and Lemon Juice (set aside)
Plating of the Citrus Soy Wild Salmon
1. Brush pre-heated grill clean (Med. High Flame)
2. Place Salmon Filet on hot grill (presentation side down). Cook for 2 to 2.5 Minutes, flip and cook 2 to 2.5 minutes (approx. 5 minutes or until medium)
3. Meanwhile, place 2 fluid oz of the Citrus Soy sauce and 2 TB of butter in a Small saucepan on medium heat. Swirl until butter dissolves.(set aside)
4. Mound the cooked rice on the middle of the plate
5. Gently place the grilled Salmon on the rice
6. Drizzle the sauce over the grilled Salmon
7. Mound the Micro Greens on Salmon
8. Drizzle Lemon Olive Oil over the greens and Salmon
Beverage Pairing: We love this dish with Paul Dolan Chardonnay or P.F. Chang's Chinese 88 our twist on the classic French 75.