Monday, October 27, 2008

Trips Down Memory Lane


They threw a party for us before we went
on our cruise to Alaska in 2005.  I haz my
cake and I eat it too!  Alaska is much colder
than Hawaii so this attire did not make it
on the ship!  No, I did not see Russia and 
not even Governor Palin.  


Here we are in all our formal attire.  They did 
feed us like kings.  Oh my, the lobster tail was 
delicious!  If you ever get the chance, go on a cruise.
The Princess cruise to Alaska was the best trip ever.


This is my family on the most exciting trip we ever took.
This is the Arkansas River in Colorado.  It was similar to
riding a roller coaster, only better.  I laughed and laughed.


Here the family is in a fantastic cave, also in Colorado.
Colorado is the best place to visit.  I am thankful that my
grown kids are still happy to go on trips with us.  We are
planning a trip to Yellowstone next year with them.



5 comments:

Jenni said...

Danny's grandparents went on the Princess cruise to Alaska and then later drove to Alaska in their RV. They took a lot of trips, but I think both Alaska trips were favorites.

Colorado is one of our favorite places to visit, too. We've been backpacking in the Weminuche Wilderness twice and to Mesa Verde twice. We've also been to Yellowstone once. It was gorgeous. I just wish we had allowed more time there and not tried to see so many things on the way there and on the way back. We did go up into Montana to the Big Sky/Gallatin River area after visiting Yellowstone, and that may have been even better.

Egghead said...

We are hoping to go on a two week vacation to Alaska in June. One week we will spend with my aunt in Wasilla (yes home of Palin) the other on cruise. I can't wait!

Pamela said...

Now you've got me thinking about vacation planning. We haven't had an official "vacation" where we actually go sightseeing and touring for too many years.

kitten said...

Beautiful trips!

Walker said...

I am so impressed by that river vacation. Lord!