Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ree Drummond-The Pioneer Woman Cookbook

I got to meet Ree at her cookbook signing in Tulsa on Friday.
She was a lot of fun to meet and listen to her talking to others as I
waited. I got to the store first and could have been first in line
but I decided to shop the little store and bought my grandbaby
some cute onesie's. One was a pink Cain's ballroom and the
other was a "I love (heart) Tulsa." I found a very cute purse that
was handmade. I will post a photo soon. It was made out of an
old linen tablecloth, very vintage. I know no one else will ever have
another one like it. I also bought a small Uglydoll. Big toe.
I'm about ten people back from the front of the line.
We all got to watch MM carry in boxes of books. He
didn't have his hat on and he looks even finer in real
life. Forgive me, but I'm much older than both of them!
I had pre-ordered one cookbook from Amazon but
I bought another to give as a gift.

And here I am posing with Ree. She was so very nice
and it was so fun to talk with her. I told her I would
like to go to the Pawhuska signing but I had tickets for
Dracula (the ballet). She said she would have liked to
gone to that. I also mentioned that I had never read a blog
before hers and that was when I started blogging two years
ago. I told her that I had met Swampy and of course she
knew her also. I had a very fine day! I left there and went
to Utica Square and shopped in Williams Sonoma. And
even better, I took home Asian Grilled Salmon from PF Chang's.
I honestly cannot get enough of it. I wish I could eat it every
day!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

We were the second ones in the store in Pawhuska, but we didn't know to get in line or where that line would be. I'm kind of glad we didn't get in at the front of the line because it was interesting talking to other people in line. The lady in front of us lives just a few miles from Ree and went to school with MM (though not in the same class). The lady behind us was from Pawhuska and has an ex-husband who lives in our town. It's funny how many people we run into who have been to our little town or know people from here.

I'm glad you got to go to one of the signings. Next time I go to PF Chang's I will have to try that salmon. (I'm in a rut. I always get the lettuce wraps.) How was the ballet?

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm jealous!

That salmon sounds to die for!

Donna Boucher said...

How wonderful. I love your picture together.
You are so pretty and look the same age as Ree and MM!!!
Now I want some Asian Grilled Salmon.
I have only been to PF Changs once.
I need someone to go with...

Pamela said...

you're blessed with good genes. sigh.

I started blogging about the same time as she did - met her and Willowtree and Julie/Another Chance Ranch all about the same time.

Can't imagine HAVING to write a post because of advertisements or expectations.

Egghead said...

I also bought Ree's cookbook from Amazon and since she likely won't be in Oregon at least for a long time I will have to be happy with an unsigned book. Your pictures are great....and PF Changs, I love that place.

Kila said...

Cool! I found her when she only had about 13 comments per day... which led me to you and our other bloggy friends. :)

Swampy said...

You could be sisters ! Wow. Thanks for the 'shout out.'