Thursday, September 27, 2007

Harvest Moon


I took this picture tonight as we were driving home. My camera is only a Sony DSC-H2 and I'm not the great photographer, but it still was a beautiful sight. l guess this might be called a harvest moon. Psalms 8:3-9
3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Junebug, I recognise your name from PWs comments section. Thanks for stopping by my blog; I've saved yours to favourites so I can come back and visit! I LOVE your moon photo - I have yet to successfully photograph the moon; they never come out right. I see you enjoy the same music as I do; and the Anne books are my absolute favourites!

teacakebiscuit said...

Oooh, so pretty!!! That is one gorgeous photo!

Junebug said...

To Melissa and Nin: Thanks for stopping by. You both are lovely girls! It's funny how the moon seems to bounce around in the viewfinder before the shot. I guess it's really my unsteady hand that does that! Most of my shots leave trails of light, this one didn't.
I loved Anne of Green Gables so much. I watched the series that they put on PBS back in the day. The actors that played them were great. My favorite was Matthew. Anne's line about "each day is a new day with no mistakes in it", I think about all the time, cause it's true! "oh Marilla, you miss so much," just takes me back. I need to get out those books and VHS tapes again.